Serves 4 (Ready in 30 Minutes)
- Heat grill on high. Cut 2 hearts of romaine in half lengthwise, drizzle with oil, and add salt and pepper.
- Grill cut side down, 1 to 2 minutes, until grill marks appear.
- Remove and roughly chop.
- Season 1 lb skirt steak with salt and pepper, and grill about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes, then slice thinly across the grain.
- Toss romaine, 1 pint quartered cherry tomatos, kernels cut from 2 ears of corn, and your favorite dressing.
- Divide salad among 4 plates and top with steak and 1/4 of a sliced avocado.
( PICKY-EATER PLEASER , Serve the components they like in a divided toddler plate, with the dressing as a dip.