Jamie Oliver, TV’s Food Revolution
- Cook 1 lb dried fettuccine in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, reheat 4 cups of homemade tomato sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Snap the woody ends of a bunch (about 8 oz) of asparagus stalks and discard.
- Slice the stalks finely with a knife (or use a food processor), leaving the tips whole.
- Add the sliced asparagus and the tips to the sauce and simmer for about 1 minute, then remove from the heat and stir in a few fresh basil leaves, if handy.
- By now your pasta should be cooked.
- Save a cup of cooking water before draining the pasta.
- Quickly add the fettuccine to your sauce and toss, adding splashes of pasta water as needed to loosen sauce.
- Serve with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a grating of fresh parmesan cheese.
What Is An Approximate Portion Size?
Adults= 1 cup of cooked pasta + ½ cup of sauce. Kids ages 2 to 11 = ¼ to ½ cup of cooked pasta + ¼ to ½ cup of sauce, depending on child’s age, size and activity level.